July 21, 2013

Hurricane Supplication Day in the Virgin Islands

For tropical islanders, the potential for hurricanes is a risk of living in paradise. Although U.S. meteorologists cite June 1 as the start of hurricane season, hurricanes in the Virgin Islands are most likely to occur in August and September. Reducing this storm potential is at the heart of Hurricane Supplication Day, a tradition uniquely observed by residents of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

July 19, 2013

Respecting Our Coral Reefs

While enjoying the Caribbean beauty and serenity of our romantic luxury villas, you may also wish to explore the loveliness and stillness of the Virgin Islands’ 372 miles of coral reefs. Yet the reefs are greatly in need of our protection. You can play a key role in preserving these fragile natural treasures, by following these essential guidelines:

July 04, 2013

Emancipation and Independence in the Virgin Islands

Are there July Fourth Observations in the Virgin Islands?

Yes, but only in the U.S. Virgin Islands—the British territories just don’t seem to get too excited about America’s Independence Day. St. John is the center of the July 4 celebrations, complete with parade and fireworks (the skies light up over Cruz Bay harbor at 9:00 tonight) though St. Thomas and St. Croix continue to expand their offerings of red-white-and-blue festivities. 

July 02, 2013

Seven Ways to Be Romantic in the Virgin Islands

Our Caribbean luxury villas, located throughout the Virgin Islands in the most beautiful and private settings, were made for romance. In fact, you can count on our villas to automatically create about 80 percent of the romantic mood for you and your partner. As for the other 20 percent, well, that's up to you. To help bring you both to 100 percent, we present for your consideration 7 ways to enhance romance while staying at your villa. 

July 01, 2013

The Most Romantic and Elegant Dining on Tortola, BVI

There is no shortage of fine dining on the British Virgin Islands. In today’s blog, we feature three of the most romantic and elegant restaurants on Tortola, capitol of the BVI and the site of more than 15 of our romantic luxury villas. Reservations are highly suggested for dinner at these establishments.

June 30, 2013

Where Can I See Stingrays in the Virgin Islands?

Southern stingrays are some of the most common and fascinating examples of Virgin Islands marine life. They range in length from 3-5 feet. Prevalent in the waters of St. John, rays are typically found in sandy areas and sea grassbeds. It’s easy for divers to observe these gentle creatures when exploring the islands’ many reefs.

Page 3 of 11 pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›